WHAT INFORMATION DOES MYCROBIOMICS COLLECT FROM ME?
- Information You Provide to Us. Visitors to our Site may watch our first educational video without providing any personal information or creating a user account. In order to access the rest of our educational resources, surveys and reporting tools available as part of the User Experience, you must first create a user account and provide certain personal information during the registration process to become a registered user of the User Experience (“Registered User”), including, without limitation, your first and last name, e-mail address and certain demographic information. When a Registered User navigates through the User Experience, she or he will be asked to provide information about her or his health and nutritional and lifestyle habits so that we can provide additional content and reports tailored to that Registered User’s microbiome health. We may also collect personal information from website visitors and Registered Users when they otherwise navigate the Site outside of the User Experience, such as name, contact information and certain Anonymous Information (as more fully described below). Please be advised that if you contact us by email, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, in order to respond to you. Please also note that Mycrobiomics reserves the right to delete information from or related to Registered Users with free account status at any time.
- Feedback We Collect From Registered Users. At the conclusion of the User Experience, we ask Registered Users to provide reactions to the User Experience and insight into how it may impact their habits and health. You acknowledge and agree that any comments, questions, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information provided by you to Mycrobiomics about or related to the User Experience (collectively, “Feedback”) are not confidential and Mycrobiomics may use such Feedback as it deems appropriate, for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes, in its sole discretion.
- Information We Collect About Your Interaction With The Site And User Experience. We may collect additional information about your interaction with the Site and/or User Experience without identifying you as an individual (“Anonymous Information”), by using cookies or other technologies. For example, we may receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, and information about the device you are using and the pages you visit on our Site and in the User Experience. We may use Anonymous Information for any purpose in our discretion. For clarity, Anonymous Information means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information and does not permit the identification of individual persons. Please refer to the “WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MYCROBIOMICS?” section below for more information about Anonymous Information collected by our Analytics Partners.
HOW IS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MYCROBIOMICS USED AND SHARED?
- How We May Use Your Information. We may use the information we collect from and about you through the Site and/or User Experience for any of the following purposes: (i) to operate the User Experience and the Site and to provide recommendations, services and products to you, (ii) to analyze data in order to do market or scientific research, (iii) to offer you additional services and products which may be of interest to you (such as coaching and shopping services), (iv) to contact you and to communicate with you in order to respond to your requests for additional information, (v) to send you newsletters, industry alerts, and updates about our organization, (vi) to notify you about important changes to the User Experience, Site, or our products and services, (vii) to review usage and operations related to, and to improve the content and functionality of, the User Experience and our Site, (viii) to protect the security or integrity of the User Experience, the Site, or our business, or (ix) to tailor the User Experience and Site to your needs and the needs of other Registered Users and visitors to our Site.
- How We May Share Your Information. Mycrobiomics does not sell, lease or rent the personal information you share with us on or through the Site with third parties. However, we may share your personal information with one of our affiliates or third parties in connection with market or scientific research, data analysis, and generally to support our business activities. Any such affiliate or third party who receives your personal information from us may use that information for any purposes within their sole discretion provided they are bound by obligations of confidentiality with respect to your personal information at least as restrictive as those set forth herein. Mycrobiomics may also disclose your personal information to third parties (i) as required by law or regulation or as we believe in good faith that disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to: (1) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (2) to respond to claims and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, (3) to protect and defend our rights or property and/or the rights or property of third parties, as permitted by law, or (4) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or (ii) with our service providers that provide certain services to maintain and operate the Site and/or User Experience or to help us deliver products and services to you.
- Direct Marketing. We may send out marketing communications to our Registered Users in order to provide health and nutritional recommendations, updates and offers related to our products and services, to discuss industry happenings, and to announce upcoming events and opportunities. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message. Please understand that if you choose not to receive promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and/or communications with us.
HOW CAN I ACCESS AND CHANGE MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION?
If you are a Registered User, we provide an easy way via your user account profile for you to access, correct, update or remove personal information that has previously been provided to us. You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes at any time by logging in to your user account and clicking the Profile option in your personalized dashboard. If you are unable to edit your personal information by logging into your user account, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MYCROBIOMICS?
- “Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective website more efficient. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
- “Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device.
Our Analytics Partners may use these or other techniques to collect Anonymous Information about our Site and/or User Experience. In order to make sure you understand how our Analytics Partners handle your information and how they interact with our Site and the User Experience, we have shared hyperlinks below to their policies. We encourage you to review these terms as Mycrobiomics has no ability to control or monitor our Analytics Partners’ data collection or data use practices.
- Third Party Advertising. We may present you with options on our Site or via email to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your personal information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their tracking technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Site or link to them from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.]
WILL MYCROBIOMICS SEND ME TEXT MESSAGES?
Mycrobiomics will not send you text messages without first asking for your express consent to do so.
HOW DOES MYCROBIOMICS PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
Mycrobiomics uses reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to secure the personal information you share with us. Regardless of the precautions taken by us or by you, no data transmitted over the Internet or by any other public means can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you provide all personal information to us at your own risk.
DOES MYCROBIOMICS COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION?
Mycrobiomics does not collect credit and debit card information on or through the Site and kindly asks you not to share this information with us when submitting requests for additional information.
DOES MYCROBIOMICS USE OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS?
We use third party service providers to help us build contact lists, prepare communications for distribution, and host our website platform. Your personal information may be processed by these third-party service providers in order for us to utilize their tools.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM MYCROBIOMICS?
You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other electronic communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a Mycrobiomics message.
CAN CHILDREN USE THE MYCROBIOMICS WEBSITE?
We do not intentionally gather information from individuals who are under the age of 13. Upon notification that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information from our records.
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Site visitors who are California residents and who have provided us with "personal information" (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact us by writing to: Mycrobiomics, Inc., c/o Mintz Levin, 666 Third Avenue, 25th Floor, New York NY 10017.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
WHAT IF I LIVE IN CANADA?
Canadian citizens, except under circumstances defined by law, are entitled to access their own personal information collected by Mycrobiomics by writing to: Mycrobiomics, Inc., c/o Mintz Levin, 666 Third Avenue, 25th Floor, New York NY 10017. If you believe that the personal information about you that we have collected is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will correct the information upon verification of the omission or error and of the identity of the person requesting the change.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE?
HOW DO I CONTACT MYCROBIOMICS?
By e-mail: email@example.com
By mail: Mycrobiomics, Inc., c/o Mintz Levin, 666 Third Avenue, 25th Floor, New York NY 10017
© COPYRIGHT 2017 Mycrobiomics, Inc., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.